November 24, 2009
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Most of this week’s essential events include turkey, football, good friends, and shopping but there are 2 releases I’m looking forward to: Adam Lambert’s new CD (out Tuesday) and The Road (out Wednesday.)
But it’s that time of the year for me to give thanks to the people that matter most:
Lady Gaga, I want to thank you first for this. No one will ever wear a mane the same way again.
Thanks a lot Kanye for propelling Taylor Swift into the position of America’s sweetheart, ensuring her success for years to come.
Black Eyed Peas, Thank you for your song “Boom Boom Pow.” It truly proved, once and for all, that no one cares about lyrics.
Will Ferrell, or should I say, W. thanks for sharing this story:
Thank you Tina Fey for writing a show that stars you as a loser, completely inept with relationships or life. It makes the show so funny.
Thanks 500 Days of Summer for one of the best dance sequences ever:
Bill Murray, thank you for putting in that cameo.
And most importantly, thank you Sarah Palin for distracting the Republican party from finding a viable candidate for 2012.
November 16, 2009
Nov. 15- 21
1. John Mayer’s new CD Battle Studies comes out Nov. 17! I heard a leaked copy and it is good. Solid, classic mayer. I HATE his current single, Who Says. The rest of the album is better.
2. Precious opening in Jackson on Friday- there is so much Oscar Buzz about this film, and I saw a couple interviews with the star, Gaboures Sidibe. LOVED her.
3. New Moon! I mean, this is going to be the feel-good movie of the year… Just kidding! those of you who know me for real know there’s no way I’ll ever see this movie.
The real #3: Broken Embraces starring Penelope Cruz and directed by Pedro Amaldovar, the team behind one of my favorite movies from last year, Volver.
4. Joseph Gorden-Levitt hosting SNL Nov. 21. I think he’ll be really good (he can’t be worse than January Jones). And if you don’t know who he is, see 500 Days of Summer.
5. Open by Andre Agassi
6. Christopher Walken’s spoken word version of Pokerface:
7. Too Much Happiness by Alice Munro. Maybe you’ve never read anything by this short story master, but its time to start. She is a genius. YOu can start with my favorite collection of hers, Runaway.
8. My Sister’s Keeper on DVD Tuesday